Illiquid assets from the perspective of a "Versorgungswerk"
- ALM contribution
- Strategies per asset class
- ESG contribution of the different asset classes
Bernd Franken, Managing Director Asset Management, Nordrheinische Ärzteversorgung
Alternative Risk Premia 2021 - Lesson learnt
- In 2020, the average ARP provider has been hit (for the first time) by the declining return trend in the hedge fund industry for years.
- However, the dispersion in performance between providers is huge. While the results of some providers showed partly catastrophic returns, other providers did far better. This is where the wheat was separated from the chaff.
- The reasons for the weak performance can be traced back to some structural causes in the market.
- Inst. investors are now asking themselves: What will it take to maintain ARP's stable diversification opportunities in the future?
Dr. Lars Jaeger, Head of Alternative Risk Premia, GAM
Value Protection Strategies - What Worked in 2020
- The Corona crisis as a stress test for value protection strategies.
- What experiences have risk overlay clients had during the crisis?
- Why investors should continue to think about hedging strategies in 2021.
Alexander Raviol, Partner and CIO Alternative Solutions, Lupus alpha
Current legal, regulatory and tax developments:
- Small AIFMs Grow - Structures on the Road to Full Regulation.
- Investing on slippery ground - Between AML/KYC compliance and anti-boycott rules
- Everything compatible? - Update: closed-end funds for special funds and banks
12:15 - 12:35 Live-Q&A Session with pre-registered participants
Alternative Investments caught between the Investment Crisis and COVID-19-related Restrictions
- Experiences after one year of pandemic: performance, capital deployment, transparency, communication
- Impact of the pandemic on the attractiveness of different AI segments and opportunities in the current environment
- Impact of Corona on the investment process (manager selection, due diligence process etc.)
- ESG in Corona's shadow or more important than ever?
Dajana Brodmann, Asset Management, E.ON SE
Maria Leitzbach, Head of Portfolio Management, SOKA-Bau
Sabine Mahnert, Abteilungsleiterin Kapitalanlagen, Evangelische Zusatzversorgungskasse in Darmstadt (EZVK)
Moderation: Rolf Dreiseidler, Vorstandsmitglied, BAI e.V.