In search of the perfect strategy
The perfect strategy: from penalty shots, through auctions on to war
Why irrationality rubs off
How market and decision architectures change behavior
Prof. Dr. Axel Ockenfels
Professor of Economics, University of Cologne, Director, Cologne Laboratory of Economic Research
Private Equity with Impact: Global Health
- Is there a funding gap in health investments?
- Which products/services combine both market demand and Impact?
- Impact Management @ AXA IM
Jonathan Dean, Head of Impact Investing, AXA Investment Managers Alts
Opportunities in the global real estate market
Tom Collier, Executive Vice President, Alternatives Strategist, PIMCO
Closed-end funds: advisory, management and contractual practice 2022 (in German)
ESG in Alternative Investments - Interim Report of a KVG
- current trends in asset allocation of ESG-projects
- regulatory treatment of ESG during fund setup
- securing data for on-going administration
Dr. Sofia Harrschar, Country Head Luxembourg and Head of Alternative Investments & Structuring, Universal Investment
Private Equity - opportunities for investors in a competitive market environment
- PE portfolio construction from an institutional perspective: Which cornerstones should be set in the strategy and how often should they be adjusted?
- Short-term vs. long-term opportunities and their inclusion in one's PE strategy - should one include a tactical allocation in the strategy?
- Change in the PE industry in terms of geographic vs. sectoral positioning.
- To what extent have venture and growth strategies received substantial consideration in today's portfolios?
Heiko Geissler, Managing Director, ARDIAN
Ralph Guenther, Partner, Pantheon Ventures (UK) LLP
Britta Lindhorst, Managing Director, HQ Capital
Dr. Ralf D. Schnell, Managing Director, Siemens Fonds Invest GmbH
Moderation: María Sanz García, Member of the Board, YIELCO Investments AG
Debt: junior vs. senior and the attraction of investment strategies in search of yield in a competitive market environment.
- Yields – How is the respective debt component remunerated?
- Risk – What is the cost in yield looking at junior vs. senior?
- Opportunities – Which opportunities and sectors are suitable for junior debt?
Thomas Bayerl, Leiter Illiquid Assets Debt, MEAG MUNICH ERGO Kapitalanlagegesellschaft mbH
Cracking the Code of GP-Led Fees – An Interactive Detective Game
- GP-led secondaries introduce a new fee structure to the private equity model, which is different both from primary funds and from traditional LP-led secondaries.
- We ask how the fees that an LP pays on GP-led secondaries compare to the fees they pay on primary funds.
- We also explore how the answer changes with different fee levels and growth rates.
Private Debt and Impact Investing
- Engaging with mid-market borrowers
- Sustainability-linked loans: a useful tool, a need for an ambitious standard
- Amundi approach of impact investing
Julien Paycha, Head of Corporate Private Debt, Amundi
Infrastructure / Renewable Energy Funds: New structuring options under the Fund Location Act (in German)
ESG in non-listed infrastructure investments: An asset owner's perspective
- Background and status quo
- Challenges in practice
- Case study and outlook
Christoph Gisler, Head of Infrastructure Equity and member of the Executive Board, Swiss Life Asset Managers
The universe of Credit Specialities: Systematic subdivision and classification of the Credit Specialities area
- Market overview: terminology; size, evolution and drivers.
- Implementation: Opportunities and Risks
- Portfolio application / construction
Marc-André Mittermayer, Partner, Private Debt, StepStone Group
Impact Investing: Private equity for the transformation of the global economy (in German)
- Which sectors have the highest potential for generating both high impact and high returns?
- How do impact, risks and returns differ between early and later-stage investments?
- How will improved data on impact performance affect the industry?
Dr. Andreas Nilsson, Managing Director and Head of Impact, Golding Capital Partners
LP Secondaries: Benefits of a pure play PE Strategy for investors (in German)
- Advantages of a pure play vs. a “commingled” strategy
- Superior risk -return characteristics of a pure LP Secondary strategy
- Faster deployment and attractive fee models
Oliver Gardey, Managing Director and Head of Private Equity Fund Investment, Intermediate Capital Group (ICG)
Risk or Opportunity - Real Estate Investments in Subsidised Housing in Germany (in German)
- What do we mean by subsidised housing in Germany?
- Can investors meet the E&S of ESG criteria and generate adequate returns by investing in subsidised housing?
- What investment horizon should investors have, what investment vehicles exist and what distributions can be expected?
How the rise of GP led transactions changes the private equity model as we know it and how investors can benefit from these trends
- Private equity managers are increasingly using GP-led secondaries to manage their portfolios and offer
new liquidity options to their LPs. They enable managers to take a longer term view on a company and
in many cases substitute assets being sold from one GP to the next
- GP-led secondaries are highly complex transactions, involving many different stakeholders. This creates an
advantage for those investors who are already a primary or a co-investors in those assets
- Those investors who can navigate the complexities in GP-led transactions are best positioned to generate
alpha from their private asset portfolios
Christiaan van der Kam, Head of secondary investment program, Schroders Capital
Climate Policy, Green Deal and the Intergovernmental Panel on Climate Change in Times of War
- What are the costs of unabated climate change?
- What must we do now? Globally, in the EU, in Germany.
- Climate neutrality: a joint task
Prof. Dr. Ottmar Edenhofer, Technical University of Berlin, director and chief economist Potsdam Institute for Climate Impact Research (PIK), founding director Mercator Research Institute on Global Commons and Climate Change (MCC)
During the dinner, the keynote speakers will be available for interesting discussions.
Closed Door Event: Free participation opportunity for all registered and admitted investors, i.e. pension funds, insurance companies, foundations, pension funds, single family and funds, single family offices, as well as a limited number of representatives of each of the Gold sponsors/the dinner sponsor. It is absolutely necessary to register and confirm in advance of the BAI office is required!
Dinner takes place in Westhafen Pier, 1st floor.
Get-together speech "The limit is only me".
Jonas Deichmann, multiple world record holder and bestselling author
In a spectacular, multivisual show, Jonas tells of his great adventure, gives insight into his insight into his mindset and motivation, his goal setting and how he deals with setbacks. Jonas Deichmann is the only person to have set cycling records on all major continental crossings and circumnavigated the globe in triathlon. He is a multiple world record holder and best-selling author. Following his talk, Jonas will answer questions.