- 9:00 - 9:10 a.m.: Welcome by BAI e.V. and the Investor Advisory Board, by Frank Dornseifer, Managing Director, and Dr. Peter Brodehser, Member of the Board, BAI e.V.
- 9:10 - 9:50 a.m.: Alternative Investments and Sustainability - a Travelogue, by Dirk Braun, Director Asset Management - Alternative Investments, EnBW Energie Baden-Württemberg AG
- Overview: the Private Markets Portfolio of EnBW PK
- Case Study PE & Impact
- Renewable Energies in the Context of the SDGs
- 9:50 - 10:00 a.m.: Interest rate turnaround and inflation - impact on the AI portfolio (presentation of the planned BAI study and first discussion on concept and content), by Florian Bucher, consultant and market analyst, BAI e.V.
- 10:00 - 10:30 a.m.: Open discussion with all workshop participants
Closed Door Event - Participation in the workshop only permitted to institutional investors such as representatives of foundations, insurance companies, single-family offices, pension funds or Versorgungswerke after prior registration with the BAI office.
The pioneering spirit of the first German Sovereign Wealth Fund
- Setting the framework for the SWF
- Portfolio construction of the illiquid investment in the current market environment - from the low interest rate environment to the interest rate turnaround
- Exploiting product/strategy developments in private markets
- Co-investments - advantages and implementation options
- Implementation of the "right" investment infrastructure
Verena Kempe, Head of Investment Management, KENFO - Fonds zur Finanzierung der kerntechnischen Entsorgung
Dr. Lukas Klipper, Senior Legal Counsel (Investment) & Compliance, KENFO - Fonds zur Finanzierung der kerntechnischen Entsorgung
Deploying private capital on the path to net zero (in English)
- A global journey to net zero creates significant investment opportunities: Policy and regulatory environment
is a critical driver of change and key industries are organizing themselves to chart a course to net zero
- We are in an era that requires radical collaboration: We need to build a highly networked ecosystem across
policy makers, large corporations, innovative start-ups and providers of finance along with the scientific and
- Structural trends cut across sectors: Using clean energy everywhere, shifting to a resource efficient circular
economy, and improving systems resilience
Teresa O'Flynn, Managing Director, BlackRock
Healthcare Direct Lending – a niche becoming the largest sector in private debt
Private Equity Impact in Action - Framework and current case studies for sustainable investing. (in German)
- Regulatory framework for «sustainable» PE investments – friend or foe?
- Private Equity case studies: «E-mobility» & «waste economy»
- KPIs – Can impact really be measured?
Macro scenarios for private markets - impact on portfolio construction
- Positioning of institutional investors and dependence on economic risk factors.
- Diversification potential through private markets in different macro scenarios: Growth shock, interest rate rise and inflation
- Long-term additional return and portfolio efficiency through private markets in the overall portfolio
Dr. Florian Bitsch, Director, BlackRock
One crisis follows the next - what is the macroeconomic outlook for growth, debt and inflation?
Prof. Dr. Südekum provides a medium-term outlook for economic development in Germany and Europe. After the Corona pandemic seemed to be heading for its (temporary) end, many hoped for the "golden 20s". Even that may have been overly optimistic, as the pandemic is likely to reverberate longer in private investment due to impaired corporate balance sheets (so-called "scarring"). But now, after the Russian attack on Ukraine, the economic outlook is even more difficult. Prof. Dr. Südekum takes a critical look at the economic and financial policy work program of the traffic light coalition in the current crisis situation. This also includes the question of financing (keyword: debt or debt brake) and the connection with the current inflation (keyword: "greenflation").
Prof. Dr. Jens Südekum, Professor of International Economics at the Düsseldorf Institute for Competition Economics at Heinrich-Heine-University, Board of Academic Advisors, Federal Minister for Economic Affairs and Energy
Investor Panel: Looking into the Crystal Ball - Future Developments in Alternative Investments in Times of Geopolitical, Macroeconomic and Pandemic Uncertainties
- Lessons learned from the pandemic - what has come to stay?
- Is the current environment leading to re-allocations within Private Markets (strategies, sectors, geographies)?
- Is a renaissance of liquid alternative investments coming? (Commodities, CTAs, Absolute Return).
- How are specific ESG goals and strategies being implemented among investors in the AI segment and what are the expectations for the financial industry?
Kathrin Kalau-Reus, Head Private Equity, Infrastructure, Timber, Bayerische Versorgungskammer
Martina Nitschke, Head of investments, VGV Verwaltungsgesellschaft für Versorgungswerke mbH
Stefan Schütte, Head of Fixed Income & Private Debt, VBL. Versorgungsanstalt des Bundes und der Länder
Moderation: Dajana Brodmann, Asset Management, E.ON SE