09:00 - 09:15 AM (Room Meridian)
09:15 - 10:00 AM (Room Meridian)
Germany as an investment location in times of geopolitical change
International and regional diversification of investments
Reduction of strategic dependencies: nearshoring, friendshoring?
Critical infrastructure and raw materials for the transformation/energy transition
(Regulatory) Framework conditions for investments nationally and internationally
Prof. Dr. Dr. h.c. Monika Schnitzer, University of Munich, Chair of the German Council of Economic Experts ("Wirtschaftsweise")
10:00 - 10:30 AM (Room Meridian)
Methods for Risk Management, Controlling & Performance Measurement of Illiquid Alternatives in GPs and LPs
Oliver Freigang, CEO, Co-Founder, qashqade AG
10:35 - 11:05 AM
Global Crisis – Implications for Private Assets (in German)
- Energy crisis
Georg Wunderlin, Global Head of Private Assets, Schroders Capital
What does the data tell us? Private Equity myths, assumptions and expectations challenged, and how investors can use data to construct resilient portfolios
- How has Private Equity performed against investor expectations?
- What can we learn from the past?
- Resilience – how to achieve strong returns across cycles
Mark Hoeing, President, CF Private Equity
Dr Miriam Schmitter, Head of ex-U.S. Private Equity, CF Private Equity
Timberland and farmland – natural climate solutions and natural options
Timberland and farmland are at the forefront of growing institutional investor interest in natural climate solutions that can provide attractive returns, portfolio diversification and ESG benefits including high quality carbon sequestration and carbon credits. Sustainable timberland investing offers a range of value creation options and climate solutions at scale that can support investors’ net zero and financial goals.
Eric Cooperström, Managing Director, Impact Investing and Natural Climate Solutions, Manulife Investment Management
Energy transition 2.0 – next wave of infrastructure investment opportunities and key challenges
- The three pillars of a successful energy transition: producing clean energy, increasing energy efficiency, enabling clean energy use
- Latest market developments: promising technologies, applications and business models
- How to ensure sustainable delivery of clean energy investments: key ESG factors, tools and processes
Marco van Daele, Co-CEO & Chief Investment Officer, SUSI Partners
11:35 - 12:20 PM (Room Meridian)
Inflation, rising interest rates and recession scenarios: impact on the illiquid alternative portfolio
Dr. Markus Geiger, Head of Private Debt, Oddo BHF Asset Management GmbH
Christoph Manser, Head of Infrastructure International, Swiss Life Asset Managers
Roman Smirnov, Head of Continental Europe Portfolio Management, Partners Group
Sebastian Venc, Head of Private Debt, DACH, Muzinich & Co.
Moderation: Michael Busack, Managing Director and Editor, Absolut Research GmbH
12:20 - 12:50 PM (Room Meridian)
ESG: Impact Investing - Opportunity for the Private Markets
Dr Lukas Adams, Head of Asset Management, GLS Bank eG
Ralph Kretschmer, Founder & Managing Partner, EBG Investment Solutions AG
02:00 - 02:30 PM
Infrastructure Investing as enabler for the net zero transition
Christian Synetos, Director, BlackRock
Secondaries Investments – great opportunities in turbulent times (in German)
- Peak activity or intermediate step in an unstoppable growth trend?
- A broad diversity of transaction opportunities – what is important to consider?
- Buyer's or seller's market - who is currently in the driver's seat?
Richard Wilmes, Head of Secondaries, Golding Capital Partners
Alternative Investment Funds: Tax developments in Germany and Luxembourg with practical case studies
- ATAD II – Implementation and current developments
- Pillar 2 – Need for action for the fund industry
- Implementation examples and recommendations for action
Dr. Bela Jansen, Partner, Luther Rechtsanwaltsgesellschaft mbH
Andreas Medler, Partner, ATOZ
Artificial Intelligence: the use of machine learning in PE investment selection
- Technology and data underpin many functions in asset management; private equity is not
immune to digital disruption.
- At Unigestion, proprietary machine learning models analyze various datasets to identify
patterns and insights as inputs to the investment evaluation and selection.
- Collaborative intelligence of human and machine can achieve better and consistent investment
Marco Perfetto, Associate, Unigestion SA
02:35 - 03:05 PM (Room Meridian)
Diversification via geostrategic investments: Globalisation in Transition - Rebalancing the Alternative Portfolio?
Henry McVey, CIO & Head of Global Macro, Balance Sheet and Risk, KKR
03:05 - 03:50 PM (Room Meridian)
Cross-asset class panel on market development: private equity, infra equity, RE equity, (corporate) private debt
Thomas Gehring, Head of Alternative Investments, Ampega Asset Management
Alex Koriath, Head of European Pension Practice & Regional Head of Germany, Cambridge Associates
Sandro Näf, Portfolio Manager, CEO, Partner, Co-Founder, Capital Four
Oliver Schumann, MD and Chair of the global IC, Capital Dynamics GmbH
Moderation: Hanna M. Hornberg, Direktorin Institutionelle Kunden – Corporates & Pension Plans, FERI Trust GmbH
04:20 - 04:50 PM
Value added strategies in private equity: Insights into the portfolio management of buyout funds (in German)
- Overview of value added factors and drivers
- Case Study: Lower Mid-Cap
- Case Study: Larger Mid-Cap
Marc Abadir, Managing Director, ARDIAN
Dr. Alexander Friedrich, Managing Director, ARDIAN
Glocalisation - uncertainties and perspectives in the sign of change (in German)
- Will the supposedly stable asset class "infrastructure" prove its resilience?
- What new investment opportunities are emerging or developing?
- Where is the "infrastructure" journey heading?
Dr. Peter Brodehser, Partner Infrastructure Investments, DWS
Asset Based Finance – diversification and inflation protection in the private debt world
- Asset Based in the context of Private Debt
- Characteristics and advantages of the asset class
- Implementation of Asset based within a broader PD portfolio
Varun Khanna, Managing Director, KKR
Private Market Impact Investments in Emerging Markets: High impact returns (social & environmental) and attractive financial returns (in German)
- Why private market impact investments in emerging markets can lead to the greatest impact
- Attractive returns and impact - (not) a contradiction?
- Which private market instruments are used (blended finance, debt vs. equity)?
Rochus Mommartz, CEO, responsAbility für M&G Investments
04:55 - 05:40 PM (Room Meridian)
Germany and Europe on the way to the next financial and debt crisis?
- Effects of inflation, recession and changes in monetary and fiscal policy
- Role and competitiveness of European financial and capital markets
- Implications for institutional investment
Prof. Dr. Jörg Rocholl, President, ESMT Berlin
05:40 - 05:45 PM (Room Meridian)
from 06:00 PM: Evening program (WesthafenPier)
During the dinner, the keynote speakers will be available for interesting discussions.
Closed Door Event: Free participation opportunity for all registered and admitted investors, i.e. pension funds, insurance companies, foundations, pension funds, single family and funds, single family offices, as well as a limited number of representatives of each of the Gold sponsors/the dinner sponsor. It is absolutely necessary to register and confirm in advance of the BAI office is required!
Dinner takes place in Westhafen Pier, 1st floor.
Get-together speech by Prof. Dr Ricarda Rehwaldt
For many years, Ricarda Rehwaldt has been researching what makes people happy at work. Now the author of several books and founder of the HappinessandWork Academy makes us happy by sharing her knowledge with us. She enchants in her keynotes with honesty as well as light cheeky language and thus infects the audience.